Saturday, December 17, 2011

Blog Post 12: 5S process

Post a record of a 5S process that you have completed. Post a before and after picture. Also, post a short narrative of how you addressed each of the "8s's" of the 5S process. 


Sorting - The counter top/sink area was cluttered with things that had no purpose (mostly empty bottles and cans). I sorted out everything that was unnecessary on the counter.

Straightening - The things that I wanted to keep out were kind of randomly strewn across the counter. I straightened everything by putting things in their respective places

Systematic cleaning - The counter and sink were dirty, and their were a few dirty cups and dishes in the sink. I cleaned everything and put the dishes away.

Standardizing - I organized the dishes in a way that maximized their order and accessibility.


 Sustaining - I plan on maintaining the cleanliness of the counter

Safety - The amount of empty glass bottles lying around was potentially dangerous, so cleaning the counter increases the safety in the kitchen.

 Security - Since everything is organized, my belongings are more secure since it is easier to tell when something is missing or misplaced.

 Satisfaction - having a clean kitchen is very satisfactory to me and my roommate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment