Monday, October 31, 2011

Blog Post 8: Ethical Question

Is it ethical for a physician to accept Wild tickets from a pharmaceutical rep to take her family to the game?

Provide an argument for this based on the current ethical fabric of society and what is accepted in the organizations involved.


I believe the simple act of gifting hockey tickets does not carry any sort of implications whatsoever. Therefore, I don't see anything ethically wrong with accepting the free tickets from a pharm rep. It is fairly common for business partners involved in this type of relationship to exchange gifts. I feel as if the act of trading gifts, such as hockey tickets, is more of a courteous business gesture used to build a solid relationship rather than an under-the-table gray-area bribery tactic.  If I was in the physician's position, I wouldn't feel any sort of obligation to the pharm company.

No comments:

Post a Comment